Thursday, April 7, 2011

Promises To Keep

This was an excellent book with just the right amounts of humor to make me smile as well as well developed characters who drew me into their lives with hopes and dreams.  This is the story of two little girls who are searching for the father in their lives.  It is a story of trust, friendship, family and faith.  As a family moves away from a violent situation and start over, many lives are touched.  The house they move into belonged to Tillie, who had to stay in a nursing home for a time, but her sons sold the house while she was recouperating.  She insists she will die in that house and continues to come and sit on the porch until at last the mother sees a way to make all happy...let Tillie live there and be a nanny to the children. 
This book was a wonderful read and had me laughing and crying.  I loved the fact that it had discussion questions in the back which make it a great choice for a book club or for homeschooling moms.

I was given a free copy of this book to review and my opinions are definitely my own. 

No comments: