Friday, November 9, 2012

American Idol Fans Will Like This One...

By Faith Not By Sight is the autobiography of Scott MacIntyre who was an American Idol contestant. This is his story of the role music played in his life as a blind prodigy. Scott’s story is interesting because of all he has been through. If you are an American Idol fan, you will particularly love this book because it gives a lot of the “behind the scenes” information that TV viewers never realize. I think my favorite part of this book was when he talks about his kidney failure and having to go on dialysis and then eventually go through a kidney transplant. I know many people who have gone through this but I got a different insight into what is involved and how it affects someone than I had ever realized before I read the book. Much of the book, of course, covered his rise to success. This was interesting but I was left with more questions by the end of the book. I wanted to know more about his family, his father’s role, his sister that was also born blind and had kidney troubles. Although it was not one of my favorites personally, I do think the book was well-written and an inspirational read. There was not as much about Scott’s faith as I thought there would be based on the title. It is not a deeply spiritual book but it is inspirational.

No comments: