Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another Great Collection by Cindy Woodsmall

Christmas in Apple Ridge is a collection of three books in one by beloved author Cindy Woodsmall. Each novel is connected by characters who show up in the other novels but you can read one alone and not be lost at all :) Cindy Woodsmall is one of my favorite authors. Her settings in the Amish country amid Amish people are a glimpse into the lifestyles of a fascinating people. I enjoyed all of these stories, but I think my favorite was The Sound of Sleigh Bells. In this story an Amish girl who has decided that she does not want to ever marry because of a bad experience with her previous fiance finds herself caught up in the life of a young Amish man due to some matchmaking meddling by a friend. I liked this story because of the humor in it as well as the characters. This book would make a great Christmas gift for the reader in your life, or someone who is interested in the Amish community. I give it 5 stars!!!

No comments: