Friday, September 6, 2013

Sent by Hilary Alan

 The book is entitled Sent.  This book is a special book to me because it deals with a "regular" American family who willingly gave up some hopes and dreams in order to do what God called them to do.
So many times we think , "I can't do that or I can't go there."  But it just isn't true.  We can do what God calls us to do and the Alan family in this story reminds me of just that.
It was interesting to me, being from NC, that they were from NC as well.
This book is not just the good parts of following the Lord...it covers the hard parts too.  The times when you just don't understand why He called you to a certain place or a certain activity, but you trust Him anyway.
Very inspiring story.  If you are considering the ministry, considering going on a mission trip, feeling the call of the Lord on your heart to do or go...then read this book.  It will be a blessing to you!
I provided this honest review in exchange for a free copy of this book from Blogging for Books.

No comments: