Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quick to the Heart!!

The God Pocket by Bruce Wilkinson is a small book with a huge message. The subtitle to the book is "He owns it. You carry it. Suddenly everything changes."
This book is about giving, generousity, helping, meeting needs. The focus though is not on just doing these things and feeling good about it. The focus is on God. I liked the verse Wilkinson mentions Psalm 50:10 "...for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills [says the Lord]"
The earth and all in it and on it belong to the Lord...including us and our money and our resources. When we grasp this concept it becomes easier to let go of "our" stuff for HIS glory!
As I read the book, I loved the idea of having a specific holder for the money you set aside to give when God tells you to give it. I looked online for the store that is supposed to be selling these holders but could not find it. So I created my own by crocheting a drawstring pouch and writing on a slip of paper what the God Pocket is all about...or WHO it is all about. I am waiting for the Lord to show me my first mission.

The prayer that he includes says this:

**The God Pocket Prayer**
Dear God,
Today I ask to be sent to show Your love and deliver Your funds to the person You choose. I carry Your provision in my God Pocket, and I am ready and willing. I am Your servant, Lord. Whenever You nudge me, I will respond! Here am I – please send me!
Amen.

I read this book in one sitting...could not put it down. It made me want to take action ...and I like a book that will get me moving!



WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group provided this book to me for free in exchange for this honest review as part of their Blogging for Books program.

No comments: